- The series was first revealed on the Free the Moshlings website, where a teaser could be found at the bottom of the page, showing five of the Moshlings to be included in the series. It was later altered, including four different ones.
- This set was the first to be released which wasn't classed as a "series" and based round a theme.
- This the first release of a figure set that has been considered as "themed collectables" rather than a "series".
- The theme for the series is the Food Factory and all characters are related to food.
- This series is the first series since series 1 and series 2 not to have a blogger countdown.
- This is the first series since Series 7 to feature characters that aren't Moshlings.
- This is also the first series where characters have been available in different finishes.
- The Collector Cards will feature "crazy Moshling recipes" and access to an exclusive Food Factory game.
- The Moshling recipes are biographies of the collectable characters and the access to the Food Factory games are secret codes, which also double-up as Rox codes for Moshi Monsters.
- In this series, base (common) figures are known as 'Menu' figures, whilst the ultra rare figures are known as 'Specials'. This is a play on a restaurant menu.
- The series is available in France as an image of a blind bag clearly shows French being used, however this is still yet unknown as the image was found on a UK site.
- There are two commercials for the Food Factory collectables, one is thirty seconds long and features the Ice Scream Van, Candy Floss Spinner and the collectable figures. A twenty second long one features just the collectables.
- In these advertisements, near to the end where the figures are on a conveyor belt, the raspberry ripple Coolio, exclusive to the Ice Scream Van, is shown in place of the Food Factory Coolio. It is unknown why.