Moshi Monsters is an online game and lucrative franchise where anyone can adopt, care and nurture for their very own monster in a virtual world made by Mind Candy. Monster owners can select and customize their monster, play with it, take it shopping and decorate it's room. Extra rooms can be added to the original, and they can be shared with friends. Players have a 'Friend tree' and a pin-board where they can exchange messages, though the content is regulated.
Players can become 'members' for a monthly fee (and sometimes temporarily through special offers), which expands their capabilities.
The world contains many "mini-games" and puzzles, which can be played for fun and to earn Rox, which are the in-game currency used to buy seeds, clothes, furniture and food for your monster. One special type of game are the Missions, which except for the first one, can only be played by members.
One of the more popular attractions of Moshi Monsters is collecting Moshlings (pet creatures), which can be attracted by planting suitable seeds in your "Moshling Garden", by playing Missions, through hatching Moshling eggs, or by purchasing special Moshi Monsters merchandise that comes with unique codes. Some Moshlings are only available to members because they require special seeds.
There are 6 monsters to choose from: Furi, Poppet, Luvli, Katsuma, Diavlo, and Zommer. When Moshi Monsters was first released, they only had Furi, Poppet, Diavlo, and Zommer. Later on they added Katsuma and Luvli. In one of the magazines, it says that Katsuma is the most popular, followed by Poppet, Furi, Diavlo, Luvli and finally Zommer.
Glitches and bugs
- "Couldn't set up playarea! Error #2124": appears as a notice when loading one's room; albeit claiming being unable to load someone's room, it will load the room normally.
- Seeing your zoo in an attempt to see someone else's: an error that arose and sparked controversy, where someone cannot view someone else's zoo - instead they see their own. This additionally happens with the Friends Tree.
- Buster's Lost Moshlings
- Moshi Monsters MouthOff™ (removed)
- Moshi Monsters Music
- Digi Mag
- Moshi Monsters Village
- Moshi Karts
- Talking Poppet
- Moshling Rescue!
- App Monsters apps
- Moshi Monsters: Moshling Zoo (DS Game) (Nintendo DS) - 11th November 2011 (UK) - November 6th (America)
- Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park (DS Game) (Nintendo DS/3DS) - 26th October 2012 (UK and America)
- Katsuma Unleashed (Nintendo DS/3DS) - 11th October 2013 (UK) - November 5th 2013 (America)
- Moshi Monsters: The Movie - 20th December 2013 (UK) 20th February 2014 (AU)
- Moshi Monsters: The Movie - 3rd April 2014 (AU) 14th April 2014 (UK)