Players can become 'members' for a monthly fee (and sometimes temporarily through special offers), which expands their capabilities.
The world contains many "mini-games" and puzzles, which can be played for fun and to earn Rox, which are the in-game currency used to buy seeds, clothes, furniture and food for your monster. One special type of game are the Missions, which except for the first one, can only be played by members.
One of the more popular attractions of Moshi Monsters is collecting Moshlings (pet creatures), which can be attracted by planting suitable seeds in your "Moshling Garden", by playing Missions, through hatching Moshling eggs, or by purchasing special Moshi Monsters merchandise that comes with unique codes. Some Moshlings are only available to members because they require special seeds.
There are 6 monsters to choose from: Furi, Poppet, Luvli, Katsuma, Diavlo, and Zommer. When Moshi Monsters was first released, they only had Furi, Poppet, Diavlo, and Zommer. Later on they added Katsuma and Luvli. In one of the Magazines, it says that Katsuma is the most popular, followed by Poppet, Furi, Diavlo, Luvli and finally Zommer.
- Buster's Lost Moshlings
- Moshi Mouth-Off
- Moshi Monsters Village (NOT RELEASED YET)
- Moshi Monsters: Moshling Zoo (Nintendo DS) - 11th November 2011 (UK) - November 6th (America)
- Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park (Nintendo DS/ 3DS) - 26th October 2012 (UK and America)
- Moshi Monsters: Katsuma Unleashed (Nintendo DS/ 3DS) - 11th October 2013 (UK) - November 5th 2013 (America)
1. Music Rox! - 2 April 2012.