The six adoptable monster species, in order of popularity, are Katsumas, Poppets, Diavlos, Furis, Luvlis and Zommers. Each monster speaks its own language in the game which they can translate to English, being aware that is another language.
Each monster has its own personality and dialogue, e.g. Diavlos will talk about fire related things, like how they sometimes burn holes through the roof or how Zommers talk about falling apart and other bodily malfunctions.
- Hey, hey! How goes it?
- I know! Someone should make a game where we monsters get to adopt and care for humans!
- We could always go nail jelly to the wall!
- I think 3 is the best number. After 9. I mean, 3 isn't after 9, it's after 2...maybe 3 is the best?
- I wonder what's going on in town? Usually there's something exciting happening!
- You're looking at perhaps the happiest monster in all of Monstro City!
- You know if you chew your elbow for long enough, it goes green? Honestly, try it. Hehe.
- Yesterday, I was reading my horoscope. It said this would happen. And now it has! Spooky...
- Yay. I'm out shopping with my owner.
- You know that everyone in Monstro City is after these? And I've got one!
- That looks much better. I tried hanging it on my nose, and it didn't work at all.
- This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. sniff
- Oh no, this might cover my fave bit of wallpaper! Actually, my fave bit is just to the left. Whew!
- Aw, I want everyone to see that I've got this...maybe I can wear it as a hat?
- Why shake hands when you can tickle, I always say.
- Heh, no, come on, not now, that tickles...
- If you do that one more time, I'm going to get annoyed.
- Hey! C'mon? Where's the love?
- Wow, Level 3. Excellent, no time to waste.
- Wow, Level 4. This is where it starts getting exciting!
- Wow, level 5, now I feel like we're making progress.
- Level 6...Congratulations! Well, no turning back now. Onwards!
- Wow, level 7. You've not wasted any time, have you?
- Level 8... well done, you're really starting to get good.
Wow, level 8. Nearly at 10, which is the real measure.
- Level 9...brilliant! You're going to have to power through to 10!
- Excellent, you got to level 10! The mark of a serious monster-owner!
- Congratulations, level 11! The most eleven-ish level of them all!
- Level 12 is make-or-break level. Will you break? Will you? Huh? Hope not...
- Level 13 - unlucky for some, but lucky for monsters. And you, obviously.
- Brilliant work, you're at level 14. Eat your greens, you might make it to 15 soon.
- Congratulations, level 15! What's next? We're all waiting to see...
- Excellent news, level 16. The pressure's on though - only the best make it to 17.
- Amazing stuff, level 18, you should be proud!
- Congratulations, you deserve a prize, level 19 is a big deal.