|Job||Editor in Chief|
|First Appearance||The Daily Growl|
|“||Keep your eyes peeled! (Ew!)||”|
Roary Scrawl is the main editor of The Daily Growl and host of the Moshi Monsters YouTube Channel.
On Moshi Monsters, he can be seen working inside The Daily Growl offices on Main Street, and functions as a judge in the Underground Disco along with Simon Growl and Tyra Fangs. Although being among the most prominent cast, he has yet to appear in Moshi Monsters as an interactable NPC.
Roary Scrawl tirelessly types away at The Daily Growl office, determined to keep Monstro City informed with all the ooze that's fit to print. With al those eyes, it's only natural that he's the editor-in-chief. He spends his free time searching for his misplaced eyeballs and snoop...err, monster watching.
Fast talking editor of the Daily Growl newspaper, Roary Scrawl is now directing movies with the help of his camcorder Moshling sidekick, Blinki. Obsessed with keeping Monstro City’s citizens up to speed with all the ooze that’s fit to print, Roary has eyes everywhere – literally.
Unfortunately he is afraid of flying, so travelling to far-flung Moshi destinations can be a problem.
Likes: Gummy Gum, breakes from work and Tyra Fangs!
Hero: Anybody who can beat him at a staring contest, and/or Grosseph Gluelitzer!
Dislikes: Lint, worries about losing his eyeballs under the sofa.
Best Friend: Roary chats to Snozzle Wobbleson about all of the latest town buzz!
Ever since he was a young monster, Roary Scrawl liked to write, penning luuurve poems and limericks about Monstro City for his parents. He was a natural-born sleuth, and first got noticed when he uncovered the truth about Chocolate Covered Broccoli. It's actually good for you!
The Daily Growl!
It was always a dream of Roary's to be Editor in Chief of a newspaper, and one day he finally got his dream job!
Roary usually likes to eavesdrop over at the Marketplace and collect ABC (Already Been Chewed) gum from shop follors for his giant ABC gumball collection!
Roary & Tyra!
They've been together for three years, despite Roary's smelly feet and Tyra's shopping habit!
Picture of Daily Growl contributor trophy: Roary's Daily Growl Trophy is made of solid gold over at the Hand/Eye Coordination Factory!
- Lori Scrawl - younger sister
- Tyra Fangs - romantic relationship
- Snozzle Wobbleson - best friend
- Dewy - BFF, although he causes Roary a lot of trouble
- Moe Yukky - BFF
- Tamara Tesla - BFF, though it is unknown how well Tamara copes with the events of 2010.
- Cap'n Buck - Roary finds his notes and interviews him. Odd friendship with a vague form of mutual respect.
- Ruby Scribblez - colleague
- Agony Ant - colleague
- Buster Bumblechops - interviewed
- Mizz Snoots - unclear
Roary is a purple whose most notable feature are his numerous amount of eyes that go all around his head (even said to be all over his body). All eyes have a different colour and are not consistent in this, aside his main middle and biggest eye always being shown to be green. The inconcistency can be explained by Roary's quirk to be able to remove his eyeballs, frequently loses them and is usually busy trying to find them back. In removed state he seems to be able to still see with them.
- Daily Growl
- Moshi Twistmas Song
- Season 2: Mission 10: Cosmic Countdown trailer
- Moshi Monsters: The Movie
- Moshi Monsters Books
- He sometimes appears with a blue wig and a blazer, for the occasion of presenting news. He presented himself as such in the trailer of Cosmic Countdown and the Moshi Monsters Magazine issue 30 announcing Gustbusters.
- Roary can speak a little bit of French.
- Roary once babysitted Bubba The Bouncer's pet, Fifi. Roary decided to bring Lady Meowford over too, which ended up in utter chaos.